Skip to main content

CAS Project Day 20: April 20, 2020

 It is nearing the end of my journey with my CAS project. I have almost everything ready for the celebration. I am so excited and cannot wait. I feel so good about where I am at and am just so excited!

Everything is for the most part in order. 

Every student taking Chinese is going to bring a dish that they cooked at home themselves! And we will have so much food. 

Everything is falling into place. 

I feel that in some ways during this process I have experiences every single learning outcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity: Learning Outcome 1: October 2020

Today I created a sand mandala which was both incredibly fun and incredibly stressful! I watched a video explaining the origin of the sand mandalas which showed how beautiful and intuit they could be but also how easily they could be destroyed. The entire process, both the creation and destruction of the sand mandala is so beautiful.  "The sand mandala is an intricate focus of meditation which monks study in-depth, sometimes for as long as three years. It is designed to guide those who aspire to enlightenment by purifying and healing their minds, transforming them from an ordinary mind into an enlightened mind." I found that I easily could do the artistic part of the activity but struggled with the reconstruction of the mandala and letting go. I realized that this applies to my life as well, I really do have trouble letting go sometimes. This mandala practice was really fun and enjoyable for me and is learning outcome 1 because I identified my areas of strength but also learn...

CAS Project Day 25: April 25, 2020

5 days left! So so close to being done with my CAS project! Everything is ready to go and is so perfect. I feel that I have shown so much commitment to growth and have grown as a person in so many ways.  I do not have much more to report as I am closing in on the end of this project.

Activity: Learning Outcome 1: July 2020

Today I meditated. I engaged in a 20-minute meditation which was difficult for me, not only for its length but because the meditation on the app 10% Happier (the app I use for meditating) asked me to focus on hindrances in my life. I found that this was something my mind doesn't always want to focus on since they in a way are negative and I like to avoid thinking about the negatives in my life sometimes. I learned that I had a resistance to focusing on the negative things in my life and had a strong urge to avoid them. While difficult at times, in terms of what my brain wanted to focus on, this meditation was great for me because I came out of it feeling very relaxed. I learned that I could work on accepting the negative things in my life, specifically when meditating but at the same time that I was doing pretty well in this meditation because this is a realization that I was able to come to on my own. This meditation was really fun and enjoyable and is learning outcome 1 because I...